Friday, July 15, 2011

On a Friday

Honey, we SO need a lake house!
After a long week of busyness, today was wonderful.   A morning of leisurly coffee sipping as I finished hand stitching the binding on my fair entry quilt then weeding and walking the garden in the early morning cool.  Charles, blissfully happy to be headed to a birthday party of a good friend that involved a bouncy house and water balloons.  Sidney, excited to spend a whole nine hours with one of her best buddies running on the farm today.

Thanks to the generosity of a friend (that's you Miss Mary), many ladies, children and a brave gent enjoyed a lake house afternoon.  I was once again reminded that I must have time on a lake regularly, it is the closest my mind can come to perfect relaxation.  Hmmm if only we could get rid of the other house ~ but alas, if that happened, I think we would have to be a single house family for a good long while!

All in all, a beautiful 80 degree day prior to a pending crazy heat wave and a great way to start the weekend.  What soothed your soul this beautiful Friday?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, 80 degrees sounds heavenly right now. I agree with you about the lake - or just some body of water. I require regular fixes! An hour in the quiet of the night with the full moon playing hide and seek with the clouds soothed my soul last night. Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete