Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's Here!

You will have to excuse my limited posting this week, but it is here and I am having loads of fun trying to get it all figured out!  What a difference a decade makes in technology (as if I didn't know that, but it's still fun to find out)!  Now, we need to see if we can get all of our music and photos recovered from the old mac as well as the external hard drive which apparently has had some problems of its own.

I spoiled myself with a trip to the App store and downloaded Aperture, I have only used iPhoto in the past and played a little in picnik, so I am excited to learn more!  I thought this was an easy way to get my feet wet without making the financial commitment to photoshop....at least yet.

I am off this afternoon to my little man's birthday party, he seems to be doing pretty good after our appendicitis scare earlier this week.  Hopefully it is the last we hear of that nonsense!  Then, I will immerse myself back into figuring out my our new toy.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new baby!! :-)

    and have a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big congrats on the new iMac! mine's been in for a checkup (the 3-year warranty runs out in a month) and it's got a new hard drive and a new display, since the processor is actually still pretty fast, it's like a new computer! :-) so, i'm hoping it will live another couple of years.

    you should try out Adobe Lightroom - you can use it for 30 days for free, tho' i'd be very interested to hear what you think of aperture. :-)

    ReplyDelete