Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finito!

Finished!
It is all done!  I finished my Geese in the Park quilt pattern from Moda Bakeshop!  I have to say that this was one of my most challenging patterns yet, lots of cutting and piecing, but I love this modified flying geese pattern. 

I made it with my niece, Katie, in mind.  When I first began quilting last year I made her little sister Madeline a Birthday Cake quilt for her birthday.  Now it is Katie's turn as she is reaching the big six next month and I wanted her to have something special.  I thought that the fact that the fabrics are from the Central Park Collection was very timely as my brother and his family are being transferred from California to New Jersey this summer and will be living a very short ride from the real thing.  I backed it in a soft warm flannel so that she can snuggle up as she sees the colors change for the first time and watches her first heavy snow fall.

Flannel Back
I must say it was ironic that our first really warm days was when I was quilting it and I can attest to the fact that it is quite toasty ! :)   Happy to report~ Finito!! What projects have you been finishing up lately?

3 comments:

  1. Amy...that's gorgeous! She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's just gorgeous in that gloaming light. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it turned out really beautiful!! I can't wait to finish mine now. Inspirational!

    ReplyDelete