Saturday, April 16, 2011

Shellac Me!

 I was fortunate enough to be born with beautiful nails.  After all, I inherited from the best...my mom and gram.  The frustration that I have always had is that whether I do it myself, or pay money to get a manicure, the polish never lasts more than a day or two.  Many times, I have chipped it by the time I get home.  Between typing, farm and garden work, nail polish would never stand a chance! 

A couple of months ago I saw a post from Pioneer Woman about a new fangled manicure she got while traveling.  I was intrigued, but filed it in the back of my mind.  That is until my sister-in-law called me about two weeks ago to let me know about hers and what a miracle the shellac manicure is for those who don't need acrylic nails but want to color!  Then a good friend told me that she had just gotten one locally!  I had planned on going in just to  make an appointment for my annual mani/pedi outing with my SIL (whose coming into town next month), but went in and spur of the moment tried it out!  Amazing!  My nails were dry the minute she finished and oh my was I hard on them yesterday. Much of the afternoon was baking up a storm and scrubbing lots of dishes prior to one almost 10 year-olds birthday festivities this weekend.  So far, so good...not a ding.  It's supposed to last a full 14 days chip free and for some a little longer.  I'll keep you posted!  Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really am impressed! I have terrible nails and never bother even putting polish on because I don't want to draw attention to them, plus I use my hands so much that it never lasts. I'll have to look into this - I hope it's not expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, it's not too bad at all. Here it cost me $25. I know my SIL in Portland, OR pays $29. It's really cool! :)

    ReplyDelete