Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Creativity

 It has been a long several days.  Sidney had a bad case of the flu and was pretty much couch ridden.  So what does mama do in between child snuggling, house cleaning, and running around managing the crazy stresses of chick hatching?  Well this mama put on her thinking cap for a new project.  I began really thinking about the creative process when I read this post of julochkas.  I tend to gather things around me that inspire me, some things I find patterns for, then kind of go it on my own to see what I can come up with.  Just like when I am cooking.  When I try something new, I need a recipe, then I start adding and substituting my own stuff and it evolves into something else. 

I fell in love with the amazing art work on these towels.  So I thought, kitchen towels are a cool way to go.  I began drawing some homestead inspired pictures, started sifting through my stash and tried my hand at my first applique.  Not too shabby for a first go at it!  I tried to embroider a nest under the eggs on one, and that was an amazing failure, so I guess I need to decide if I'm going to add more finishing pieces or leave them minimalistic.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. I love them...especially the carrot. What is that one on the far right?

    Keep going at it...looks like fun!!

    Hope Sidney is back on her feet soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I envy you that you take care of your creativity and I really love your towels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks all! Jill...the one on the far right is my attempt at a squash blossom :)

    ReplyDelete