Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Web of Sunlight


Today I was struck by the golden web of sunlight that transformed the branches of our serviceberry tree.  I love the snow and have so learned to appreciate winter.  There does come a time when I long for open windows and gentle (above zero) breezes.  Though those early days of spring are still a ways off, we are visited by beautiful crystal clear sunlight beaming in a pristine blue sky.  This washes away the grey of extended cloudy days and injects our souls with some much needed vitamin D.  This is a most treasured gift.  

This week's prompt for Prompt Me Wednesday courtesy of jillsygirl is treasured gift.

2 comments:

  1. The gift of sunshine! Oh, how I need that gift every few days or I start feeling its absence. Beautiful shot and thanks for linking up! I hope your sub-zero temps pack their bags soon and take a long needed vacation away from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine is definitely one of my treasured gifts - too many gray skies really get me down! Beautiful photo! I'm glad you're getting the sun even though the cold is sticking around!

    ReplyDelete