Sunday, December 26, 2010

#reverb10, ~Day's 23-25 ~ Hey, I'm Traveling

As you can see by my title, I am in need of a little catch up on the last few days.  But, hey, I'm traveling... you know home for the holidays and such.  So here is a little summary of the prompts that I have missed, but still kept up with and contemplated. 

December 24 Prompt – Everything’s OK What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? (Author: Kate Inglis)
Leafy Light

I think that I went into the new year of 2010 with the thought that everything was going to be alright.  I do not think that there was a best moment to illustrate this, unless you look to the moment that I made the decision.  As I made the promise not to continue to harp on the one thing that seemed to be a constant drag (if you are new here, then you may not know that we've been struggling to sell a house for, now 3 1/2 years and as a result have also had a double mortgage payment). I will end this prompt with the thought that it is all in your perspective and if you put your energy into thinking things are going to be alright, they will.

December 25 – Photo – a present to yourself.  Sift through all the photos of you from the past year. Choose one that best captures you; either who you are, or who you strive to be. Find the shot of you that is worth a thousand words. Share the image, who shot it, where, and what it best reveals about you.

As I am away from home celebrating with my family, my photo library is not available to me.  I will say, that this year especially, I was very stingy with my camera.  With my blog camp 365 group on flickr, I worked hard to make sure that I was taking the photos, not being taken.  This was a little bit of a mistake on my part, and I will improve on being in more and still taking as many as I want in 2011.  I took the above photo since we have arrived in California.  It is representative of me this year.  Reflecting back as I try to capture moments with myself being behind the lens.

December 26 – Soul Food What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul? (Author: Elise Marie Collins)

Today's prompt is easy.  I am not trying to avoid or defer the work, I simply wrote about this earlier in this process.. My moment(s) were all about soul food and friendship.

If you are not #reverb10 -ing, check out all of the wonderful posts!  Read through the prompts and contemplate a year end post incorporating how you are going to manifest what's next!

1 comment:

  1. oh that first image is really beautiful. i love it. glad you are enjoying your holidays.

    ReplyDelete