Thursday, December 23, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 22 & 23 ~ Travel & Name

How to entertain oneself on a long car trip?

Travel How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year? (Author: Tara Hunt) {Future Tool: New Year’s Goal Questions for No-Goals Creatives from Jeffrey Davis.

A significant part of every year is travel for us.  We spend our vacation time traveling to one family or the other to visit.  We have never really taken a family vacation on our own.  I think that in 2011 we will make it a goal to try to spend some long weekends exploring this wonderful state we live in.  We have never been "up nort" to Door County and beyond.  I'd love to show the kids Laura's "Big Woods" and I've heard so many wonderful things about Mackinac Island.  I think now the kids are of an age that they will enjoy hiking, fishing, small cabins in the woods with stories and outdoors.   The challenge will be scheduling these outings into our busy farm/garden schedule.   I think if we accomplish our goals this winter in the barn and buckle down in the Spring and get our structure solidly in place, we will just have to make that time!

 New Name Let’s meet again, for the first time. If you could introduce yourself to strangers by another name for just one day, what would it be and why? (Author: Becca Wilcott)

As to the name?  When I was young I so wanted to be called by my middle name, but I grew out of that childhood idea and can't imagine being called anything else....except maybe "Old Woman",  and that only by my "Old Fool".   (Blatant Walton's reference)

1 comment:

  1. merry christmas to you and your loved ones....

    i was a lousy reverb10 participant and have failed at most prompts.....

    i would like to play catch up on the name prompt, though, as i feel that one is quite intriguing !!

    ReplyDelete