Tuesday, December 21, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 21 ~ Future Self

282/365 Texture
Future Self. Imagine yourself five years from now. What advice would you give your current self for the year ahead? (Bonus: Write a note to yourself 10 years ago. What would you tell your younger self?) (Author: Jenny Blake)  #reverb10

Charles came home from school and presented me (not really, he shyly hid it), with this beautiful bowl that he made in art class.  As I sat looking at it, I was struck by its almost fabric quality.  The combination of color, and distressed markings in conjunction with the individual strands of clay so carefully rolled out by seven year old hands, make it so special.

As I began to take photos of it, I immediately realized that it looks just like these wonderful place mats that B's aunt Nancy so thoughtfully sent us.  I did not get the gorgeous knit pocket captured in this shot, but I love the feel of the mat and the bowl together.
Texture 2

So what should my future self tell me to mold my year ahead?

Enjoy the texture of life.
Reach out and embrace all of the peaks and valleys.
Capture the essence of living.
And
Savor each interwoven moment.

What would I tell my younger self?

Go for it, you did a great job!



No comments:

Post a Comment