Monday, December 20, 2010

#reverb10 ~ Day 20 ~ Beyond Avoidance

Beyond avoidance. What should you have done this year but didn't because you were too scared, worried, unsure, busy or otherwise deterred from doing? (Bonus: Will you do it?)  #reverb10

I've spent the last year feeding my soul.  Enjoying the creativity within.  I have made it a definitive part of my lifestyle and intend to continue. 

What have I been avoiding?  Well, the age old desire to get into shape.  Just over two years ago I had been in a great routine.  Worked out regularly for almost two years and felt great.  Enter a bout of gall bladder disease and surgery and that all went out the window.   Eighteen months ago I got back on the bandwagon and began my workout routine.  That same day is when B got hit by the car while riding.  It left me reeling, like there were few things more important than just being; together, us, family.  Convenient excuse or just having the wind knocked out of me?  I don't know.  Going forward, I need to get that back.   Huffing and puffing going up the three flight of stairs in the house is ridiculous!  So will I do it?  Absolutely!  After all, I've got to keep up with my uber fit hubby!

1 comment:

  1. feeding your soul gives you so much strength from within. and since the beginning of this month, i have been slogging away at the gym, trying to get back into shape again.

    ReplyDelete