Sunday, November 28, 2010

Creating Dreams

As we turn our attentions indoors, we have gone from garden planting, nurturing, harvesting and preserving to planning, and dreaming.  I'm only thinking of this now because last night I caught a glimpse of one of our kitchen chalk boards.  We had it loaded with goals early this spring and had crossed them all off!  So a month or so ago, I began to refill it.  When I saw it last night I excitedly realized that I could cross two of the items off already.  Never fear, I added two more, and since I began writing this post, can add another two.  

We will enjoy Christmas and the New Year with loads of traditions and love.  Our planning/dreaming process will not start in earnest until mid January.   It is at this time that the cold and snow will have truly set in and we will be antsy to be productive.  What is so amazingly fun about this time of year is that I can look back on all of the crazy things we planned last year and see just how much of it we accomplished.  This type of reinforcement further bolsters our ambitions.  I so look forward to many years of this as we create our dream~ our homestead.

2 comments:

  1. what better way to spend your life than with family, traditions and love. Beautiful post.

    p.s. Thanks for all you do!!! You are so very appreciated. one love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. must acquire a chalkboard.

    what a beautiful way to keep the eye on the prize. and also a beautiful way of looking at the long-term nature of the goals...i feel so impatient about it sometimes...

    ReplyDelete