Monday, October 25, 2010

Wild Turkey at Church

It was warm and misty this morning as we headed into work.  Out of the corner of my eye I saw this flock..  I shouted at B that there's turkeys running around that church!  We went up the street and made a quick u-turn.  Sure enough about twenty wild turkeys were passing through!  I whipped out my P & S but it just couldn't keep up with the chipper pace of these beauties.  As we pulled up one of them had his tail feathers in a full expansion.  We were only about 10 feet from them, they were completely docile, just going about their business.  What a perfect Fall moment.  Happy Monday!
I'm going to carry the big camera the rest of the week and see if we can luck upon a repeat performance, so I can get clearer shots!

4 comments:

  1. That's so cool! It seems I always see priceless shots like these when I DON'T have my camera with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect, indeed. Glad to know there are so many other people in the world who find real joy in those kinds of moments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have one that shows up in our subdivision every so often. He's been here for years. It's always a treat to see him.

    Hopefully, you'll see them again with your big camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yes, carry the big camera. i look forward to what you capture.
    stay safe in the storm, my friend.

    ReplyDelete