Monday, September 13, 2010

Weekend Adventure

Is Sunday the start of the week or the end of the week? 
 However you look at it, it was a great beginning or end.

It featured a delightful little road trip with to the Renegade craft fair in Chicago.  We had adventures in public transportation and navigation that made for many laughs.  As much as I'm enamoured with my country lifestyle.  I love catching snippets of life in the city. The sounds of street music, the mish mosh of people from all different woks of life simply moving independently about their own lives, yet in some sort of complete sychronisity with one another.  The busy hustle and bustle down the sidewalks headed for this train or the next.  A hole in the wall taco stand that has a sign that states "20 taco maximum" that we find has some of the best guacamole ever. 

The craft fair had some really neat things.  Funny how things change as you grow.  I was struck by how many times I picked up some hand-made item and thought to myself, Oh I can do that!  I was most taken by all of the beautiful hand dyed yarns.

We came home from our long day of expeditions to a wonderful homemade eggplant Parmesan prepared by our amazing husbands who had also taken care of the kids all day.  Bliss.

Another grand event over this weekend of family, remembrance & girlfriend time in the city.  Someone lost both of his two front teeth!

Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. It was a wonderful day! Thanks for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely time. And what a great smile he has.

    ReplyDelete