Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quilt Top!--QAL

 Well, this is it!  Amy gave us the sashing instructions this week and lookie what we have here!  I would say it was a cinch, but I had a little trouble with the top row.  Once all laid out, I had to put on the final strips.  Somehow I reversed the direction and put the final corner piece on the wrong side.  My visualization failed me this time, I guess I was just a little too tired when I was doing that part last night.  It finally came to me in the light of day this morning and I fixed it.  Not to shabby hugh??  ;)
A funny aside,  I had to re-sash the top four blocks to fix my mistake.  Now, I began sewing about 7 months ago.  I made it through the 1st grade musical costumes, had to do a few re-do's involving lots of thread pulling and I began to pull threads on the sashes.  Then while painstakingly pulling individual stitches, I figured out I could run the seam ripper along the whole thing and it comes right apart!  Sheesh!  I guess that's why they call it a seam ripper and not a seam puller!  Yes,  you may laugh now.  I'll tell you though, this self-taught sewer was pretty thrilled at this time saving tip!

12 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!! Congrats - I am so jealous you are so much farther along than me :)

    I'll be your lagging behind student while you are snuggled up in your fab quilt.

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AWESOME ! I can only hope mine will look as good ! or even close ! AND , you only started sewing 7 months ago . wow !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful. It looks great, and the clothesline was a smart idea. I had to use 2 hangers to stretch mine across 2 doors.
    You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty ...I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love it! Great Job! I love the clothes line picture! I wish we had our own yard that I could do that in! it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it nice to finish something on time? And looking so good! I am still working on mine...I need a clothesline..wonder of DH would let me use the poles for the purple martin houses....hummmm???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! I just love how all of your colors come together! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that second photo back-lit by the sun.

    I'm considering trying the sampler... it looks great! If this wasn't enough inspiration to start mine: At the Very Least, I'm moving "repair clothesline" to this weekend's to-do list, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, it looks awesome!! I did the same thing and stitched my top row on backwards. I am glad to hear I am not alone :) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know nothing about making quilts, but I do know it looks fantastic!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful! I've had trouble sewing at night too and the seam ripper has been getting a workout. This quilt looks great and has made me even more anxious to finish mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that is so beautiful. You did a very nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete