Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Quilt Along---Week 8

Wow!  We did it, the blocks are now finished!  I'd like to say this weeks blocks were a ton of fun, but it was really just a comedy of errors for me.  I'm not sure if it was excitement about the looming completion of blocks, or sheer tiredness from late summer activities, but I made silly errors cutting and wasted some of the little scraps I had left.  Ah well.  They turned out reasonably well and I can't wait to begin to join them all together!

Aunt Eliza's Star
I like how this turned out.  This is where I had the cutting errors,  I was a full 1/2' off when I cut my cream fabric, making it unusable.  But I like this just as well!

Mosaic Number 22
I found this block very frustrating.  Not for any other reason than I had begun to run very low on thread and wanted to finish!  Of course as I came down to joining the last two sections my bobbin jammed and I had to re-thread, then dropped it unwinding half of the precious amount left.  (Truly an I Love Lucy moment)!  But guess what?  A deep breath later and I finished the last stitches.  Officially one full spool of thread will complete all of the blocks necessary for this quilt (at least for me ;)

So next week we start making this look like a quilt top!  I can't wait for the next portion of this journey!

5 comments:

  1. I love your quilt. The kitchen fabric is so fun! Nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice! I would have never known you had troubles. I really love the color scheme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt blocks look fantastic! This is such a cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look great! It is going to be so fun when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete