Friday, July 9, 2010

Some Women Want Diamonds

We spent the day excitedly preparing for our third annual Chili Cook off on the farm!  The summer we moved here we began the tradition.  Families bring chili entries, or a side if they prefer.  Nothing like tasting hot chili's in July!  I'll write more of this later on when I can fill you in on this year's shenanigans.  So, back to the prep.  We started at 7:00 am in the garden doing our morning rounds, then shopping for last minute chili items.  Then it was to the primping of the homestead.  For me, that means mowing, lots of it.  I was towing the leaf collector with me today to pick up clippings, as to ensure good volleyball  and bad mitten games.  After needing to mow in first at a painfully slow, monotonous and bumpy rate, I spent much of my day dreaming of my true desire.  Now, I'm settling in for the evening, and bone tired, today's mowing reverberating through my body, and certain that I'll have sweet dreams this evening.  Some women dream of diamonds,  I dream of a small John Deere tractor with a mower deck, snow plow, front loader & oh so much more!  Happy Weekend All!
I can totally see myself on this!

No comments:

Post a Comment