Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Quilt Along---Week 6

This weeks blocks were fun!  There is something so peaceful to me (no pun intended) about putting blocks together.  Sidney began a four day Sew Basics & Sew Intermediate summer camp through the girl scouts this week.  She's had a great time through day one and completed a pillowcase so far.  She had a hiccup when she sewed her opening shut and got to experience the seam ripper.  Funny thing too as I'll mention in a minute.
Cross # 5
I'm finding one of the most challenging parts as we get further along, trying to decide which fabrics to use as I slowly reach the end of certain ones.

New Album
I went ahead and did the cream colored center as traditional.  I'd like to try to put something in the center if I can work around the fact that I finished the rest of the block.  **funny thing, as Sid had to learn about seam ripping yesterday, I sewed the second two triangles on the center reversed and had to do a little seam ripping myself!

Several of you have wanted to see how Sid's blocks are coming.  She's a few weeks behind me, but had collected quite a bit of scrap fabric preparing for her classes and is excited to incorporate them as we go on.  Here' s where she's at so far....

9 comments:

  1. Cute! I have the same problem choosing fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by to express my gratefulness for your birthday wishes...you have helped made today a day to remember. I appreciate that, and you.

    one love, always

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blocks, I love the cream center, you could so do some embroidery there like a set of cutlery or a kitchenaid mixer, something to go along with your quilt!

    Sid's look great too! Love all the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love the little salt and pepper shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look great! Love your fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fabric. Very cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabrics, and your blocks are looking great. I have the same problem selecting fabrics. Not because I'm running out (I started with more prints than recommended), but because now I have to think about balancing which ones I've used more than others...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all of your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the trees in the cross #5 block!

    ReplyDelete