Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Quilt Along---Week 4

This weeks blocks for Amy's Quilt Along were fun! Only three more weeks of blocks left, and then we get to start adding the sashing.  I can't wait to see how that goes.  I'm having a hard time picturing being able to handle the ever growing piece on my sewing machine!
6-Grid Chain
We began with this this week.  I really like putting these together, the way you layer feels a little like a log cabin.  I checked, and rechecked several times, and I think this one is my closest to spot on for the corners of the chain.


Four Square Variation with Hourglass Blocks

Though easy to cut, this one took me a little longer to put together.  I didn't like sewing to the point of the triangles.  I'm guessing that is the benefit of the HST's.  Once again, thanks Amy for the great instructions.  Looking forward to next week!

7 comments:

  1. I just love how your blocks are turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job on your blocks, the colors in this quilt are so earthy I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the colors in your blocks! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how your blocks are coming together. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good! I love your fabrics. It is so nice to see how everybodies is turning out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool...wish I was quilting along...your blocks are beautiful.

    hope you are enjoying the summer.
    one love and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anticipation is climbing. Those blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete