Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Quilt Along---Week 4

 I feel like a kid on Christmas morning every Monday when I peek to see what the next blocks are!  Crazy hugh?  B loves to spend time in his wood shop and I think I can finally understand the draw of something where you measure once, twice and then again then fit the pieces together.  Anywhoooo I was a little intimidated when Amy said that we were going to be doing more HST's this week, but then encouraged that she usually saves them for last and figured we might as well jump in.   So let's see where I ended up this week.
Log Cabin Block

This is the Mosaic. 
After much frustration, trying to figure out how to use my standard measure, I looked to some of the completed blocks by other quilters and heard the advise about a square ruler.  Silly me, I'd asked Amy two weeks ago for any must haves and I bought this ruler.  I guess I just didn't put two and two together, until this
 afternoon, when I finally used this ruler to trim my HST's!  It's amazing how excited I am getting over these little revelations :)

The completed blocks through week 4

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just had the same revelation! I was wondering why I just couldn't trim up my HSTs right and I finally noticed that she was using the 45 degree angle line on her ruler. It was like a lightbulb went off in my head. Unfortunately I've already messed up three.

    Your blocks are looking great and I love, love, love your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! I just love that yellow-orange utensil fabric. Is your solid a peach color or more orangy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all coming together.... hopefully I can catch up with ya'll before the end. I'm learning a lot just being a part of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I just love, love your fabric...oh so cute - the cup as center of the log cabin! Your quilt is going to be so, so awesome cute!

    hugz,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love all your blocks. They are so eye catching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabrics. The yellow color is so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. blocks are looking great! Its amazing how easy the right ruler can make things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in with everyone else in loving your fabric. It's going to be a beautiful quilt top.

    ReplyDelete