Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Quilt Along---Week 3

Quilt Along week three has been a lot of fun and more challenging.  We were introduced to two new piecing techniques that we'll be able to utilize over and over again in the future.  If you haven't had a chance yet, hop over to  Amy's Creative Side and see all of the great things going on! 
Two by Three block
 This block I used strip piecing for the first time.  What a time saver, that is until you're down to cutting the last piece and cut it an inch short.  Ah well, that's what happens when you're listening to the Tour de France and cutting at the same time.  Fortunately, it was just the one piece so the do over wasn't a big deal.

Snowball Variation 
 In this block I used Half Square Triangles (HST's).  I needed to read and re-read the directions on this one to get the triangles done.  Thankfully, it wasn't too hard once I started.  My real challenge came with squaring up the bias.  Yikes!  I'm going to need some more practice on that one!

Another fun week down!

7 comments:

  1. bleh, come help me. I'm lost. :)

    Love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what an awesome color combination you have going here, So beautiful! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fabric choices! Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great! glad the hst's didn't give you too much trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks! well done..
    hugz, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are great.

    ReplyDelete