Friday, July 16, 2010

A Beautiful, Simple Birthday Wish


To the beautiful Christina, who shares her thoughtful and calming words about life, that help me learn to slow down and enjoy.  Have a wonderful birthday and enjoy your day!  In her honor, I think today about the simple and wonderful things that make my heart sing.

The summer light as it sifts gently down through the trees

*
Spending and exhausting yet exhilarating day at camp with my boy

*
My new found love of cutting, and putting the puzzle of a quilt block together

*
Long strolls through the garden watching all of the beauty grow and flourish
(I may have enough spaghetti squash for the city by fall, I could get you some Christina!)

*
Listening to the rooster crow

*
Sitting by a local lake, listening to the birds sing and feeling the breeze off of the water

*
Discussing dreams with my true love

*
My dearest girl, exited to join me in any crafty adventure

*

Capturing a beautiful moment through my lens

*

Taking a deep breath and smiling

Have a wonderful birthday Christina, you make all of our hearts sing with your words!



2 comments:

  1. taking a deep breath and smiling.
    i just did. thanks.

    one love.

    p.s. did not know you loved quilting ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too, I'm learning to love to quilt -- Se'Lah skypes me through it ...

    ReplyDelete