Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Babies

 Baby English Cucumber, Baby, Gourd, Baby Green Bean & Baby Italian Squash

Summer is in full swing!  It's been such a lovely warm summer and everything big and small seems to be thriving.  I can remember many a fourth of July here in Wisconsin, where we needed sweaters and stood huddled in small clusters while we watched the parade.  Not this year.  Yesterday morning I heard the first clear sound of the summer cicada.  To me, this sound is like catching site of the first firefly.  It's magical.  It makes me take a deep breath in and smile.  I wish you all a fourth full of love, family,  friends and those special moments where you take a deep breath, time slows a bit, and you simply smile.

1 comment:

  1. Hello!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for the lovely comments! Don't you just love novelty fabrics! I look forward to your dish quilt..at least that is what I'm calling yours so far...I love it! hmmmm, maybe it should be "utensil madness"! Sorry, I've not thought of a name for my quilts yet! lol... Have a great 4th and enjoy the parades!
    hugz,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete