Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Snow



The last couple of days the sky has been full of floating grace.  Now, I know not everyone will feel this way, some homes look like they have small snow drifts in front of them.  But this morning, the floating tufts reminded me of when I first saw them.  Seventeen years ago I met a friend for an epic road trip.  We were driving from Kansas City down to New Orleans.  Once we hit Mississippi, the air was filled with these little cotton balls and it was like nothing I'd ever seen before.  I'm not sure what made the trip epic.  Two young women traveling cross country and exploring on our own, or the fact that I met the man who was going to be my husband.  Today I look onto the softly floating cotton and am whisked back almost two decades, (am I old enough to say that???)  to that trip that forever changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment