Wednesday, June 30, 2010

It's Not Everyday

It's not everyday that I race my kid frantically from Summer play date to Summer play date.
It's not everyday that on the way home I'm stopped in gridlock in my small town.
It's not everyday that I navigate the gridlock frantically so I can to cran my neck.
It's not everyday that I see the CNN truck driving through my town.
It's not everyday that I see friends and acquaintances shake hands with a dignitary.
It's not everyday that I text with friends all over the city for status updates.
It's not everyday that I race, walk and stand in anticipation with my camera for a split second moment.
It's not everyday that the President of the United States comes to my town & I am standing 15 feet from him.
 But on that day I'm filled with pride and excitement, even though I couldn't get into the town hall as I did in the Winter of 2008 for candidate Obama, I relish the fact that as I sit in the evening and watch every national news station, my little town is front and center.

1 comment: