Saturday, February 27, 2010

Childs Play?

It seems that I've entered a pattern of play.  I suppose you could say it began last summer when we, along with some of our closest friends joined a co-ed kickball team (equipped with beer on the sidelines).  It was a great time and we learned that we had some aches and pains that we didn't remember from the last time we played.  To top it off, our team full of thirty and forty somethings played and placed amazingly well for the season, among teams that were mostly made up of twenty something bartenders.

Last night several of us checked out a free open house and lesson at the Racine Curling Club.  We had joked a bit about the sport the week prior, and thought it would be fun to see what it was all about.  We had a great time learning how to slide, balance, sweep and stay upright all at the same time.  I don't think any of us plan to become regulars at the activity, but it was a great thing to do with good friends (you know, those you're not too embarrassed to really make a fool out of yourself in front of). 

Then today, my co-leader and I took our Girl Scout troop to Skatetown for lessons and free skating.  It was a blast.  The girls were amazing.  And by the way, it felt good to know I still had it.  I don't think my concern was crashing, so much as being crashed into by one of the 75 or so kids on the rink all at different skill levels.  Well worth it, fun for the kids and oh we've got to have an adult night at this too!

I'm really beginning to see a pattern here.  We're participating on an adult dodge ball team two weeks from now for a  charity event.   When was the last time you had fun at play?

No comments:

Post a Comment