Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Waxing Philosophical


Many thoughts are going through my head this morning as I read the blogs of friends, new blogosphere ones and the traditional ones alike. We all enjoy our lives, yet are constantly pondering the human condition and the age old question: what makes for happiness? Are we ruled by consumerism and keeping up, or is it the simple things of family and creativity that keep us going. We may be at different places in the philosophical shift, yet we are so closely the same in our consciousness. I wonder if this change is widespread for those our age or if I just migrate to those of similar thought and condition.

This morning we are pondering yet another approach to get rid of sell our other home. Many a cutting back lesson did we learn when we bought our farm 2 1/2 years ago to begin our more efficient lifestyle and the economy completely tanked after. Now that we've had our long lesson of living life carrying two mortgages and all of the headaches of a vacant house in a snowy landscape, we're done with it. I wonder if our old beauty of a home, the one we affectionately call "the lake house" will sell if we can make this new strategy work.

I think that as I look forward to my week full of kids activities in anticipation for Halloween, I glimpse the balance necessary and the courage needed to make decisions to get us to that place. But I have learned that everything comes in time, not all at once and it's all about the journey, not just getting there right now.

I leave you with some of our halloween preparation activities.

4 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to hear about your plan for the Lake House! Have a great Halloween week.

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I agree about people our age shifting....I think we all feel a collective sense of unbalance.

    Karri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the mice on the staircase! Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karri, I think so too.

    Daniela, I started doing them a few years ago, we love them, especially against the white risers :)

    ReplyDelete