Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Play it Again Sam

I remember when I lived in London, my flat was between two Tube stations.  I walked slightly further to the station at Knightsbridge  just so I could see these guys.  They were fantastic!  As I recall it was called  "Busking" and seeing them play made my day every time.

Today I was reminded of this when I heard a news story on BBC International.  It was about an urban art project called Piano's On The Street.  There have been 30 piano's placed in locations throughout London and simply labeled "play me, I'm yours."  

What a phenomenal idea!  I love hearing about things like the Playing for Change Foundation and something like this idea which inspires 'average Joe's and Jane's' to play randomly in public and is wonderful!  Part of the story included a woman who sat down at one of the pianos with someone she had met the day before (who was a stranger),  outside of a Tube station, and was giving him lessons.  

What do you think?  Are you up for the ultimate Karaoke??

No comments:

Post a Comment